BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND IMVU Layouts »

Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas on a Peppermint Striped Shoestring

Christmas gift suggestions:
To your enemy, forgiveness.
To an opponent, tolerance.
To a friend, your heart.
To a customer, service.
To all, charity.
To every child, a good example.
To yourself, respect.
~Oren Arnold

I like the way you think, Oren. But you know what? My friends and family are going to be looking for something wrapped up under the Christmas tree.

And I am on a budget. I mean, seriously. Those days of reckless spending and paying off the Christmas bills around the fourth of July are over. If there isn't cash to pay for it, I'm not buying it. And there is powerful little cash left over after expenses. So what is a gal who loves absolutely everything about Christmas supposed to do?

I recommend handmade gifts. Whether you cook or bake, sew or craft, work with wood or provide useful services, you can come up with something to satisfy just about everyone on your list. If you're feeling short on inspiration, click HERE for some great ideas. I'm gonna try my hand at those chocolate spoons this week!

And if you're short on time, I would like to suggest that you visit Etsy.com and support small local craftsmen. To get started, I invite you to browse my selection of handmade jewelry at The Wishing Box (click HERE). And if you need a few stocking stuffers, please consider buying a handful of beaded bracelets to support Asberry School of Music's efforts to help Beading To Beat Autism raise $300 million to build an autism research and treatment center in Louisville, Kentucky.

Shiny!

Bracelets come packaged in a ziplock baggie containing a color insert describing the project.

The suggested donation is only $3 per bracelet. 6", 6 1/2" 7", and 8" lengths available; we will do our best to honor your color preferences or, better yet, let us choose for you! These make great party favors, stocking stuffers, and holiday gifts for teens and teachers. Checks should be made payable to Beading To Beat Autism; all proceeds will go directly to the organization. Please leave a comment if you would like to place an order and I will get back to you with the details. Thank you in advance for your support!

What are your favorite low cost Christmas gift ideas?

Author: Pam Asberry
Website: http://pamasberry.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/pamasberryfanpage
Twitter: http://twitter.com/pamasberry

2 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

I have a local friend who makes "Swiffer" covers, that you just use and toss in the wash. Talk about going green. She's had some success selling them at craft fairs, along with "dusting mittens" and things similar. She also makes "texting gloves," those fingerless gloves you can wear over regular gloves or by themselves.
I love having a selection of scarves and hats to suit my mood. I've done a lot of bracelets, earrings and necklaces for friends as gifts too. May I suggest gift certificates for car washes, babysitting, errands, etc., either from others or from you? A pretty box or tin of cookies or breads or mixes with recipie cards will always be welcome. I made little catnip toys for my "godkitties" one year.
Anyone else?

Pam Asberry said...

I like the way your "green" friend thinks, Julee! I am a big fan of the fingerless gloves; I have a pair that a piano student's mom crocheted for me for Christmas last year and I wear them whenever I am at the computer or playing the piano in the winter. I really need to learn how to make them myself so I can have a color selection! The gift certificates are a great idea for anyone who doesn't feel artsy-craftsy. Thanks for all the great suggestions. I hope others will join in!