BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND IMVU Layouts »

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ghosts of Halloweens Past and Writers LiPP Costume Contest!

Of course I was a big fan of Halloween when I was growing up. What kid in her right mind wouldn't love an excuse to put on a crazy costume and go door-to-door begging candy from the neighbors? My brothers I used to come home with our pillowcases stuffed full of treats. But whereas all their good stuff (that is, the chocolate) was gone within days, I rationed my treats out and make them last nearly until Christmas. I've always been good that way. So why is it that there's always more month than money?

But I digress. I don't have any pictures of myself in costume back in the day, but my all-time favorite was Casper the Friendly Ghost. I remember sweating behind the mask, but I dug that shiny white robe.


By the time I got to high school, I determined I was too old to go trick-or-treating (my, how things have changed!) and I don't remember Halloween being fun again until I had kids of my own. I used to stay up until the wee hours sewing costumes for them

Josh and Casey
doing seasonal crafts with them

Nathan
and taking them to pumpkin patches and corn mazes.

Nathan and Casey
 I firmly believe that these activities helped them grow in wisdom.

Nathan
 Even Karma gets in on the action sometimes.

Batdog
And now for the moment you have been waiting for.

Yep, it's really me. October, 2006.
Now, it's YOUR turn! Please send a picture of yourself dressed in your Halloween finest for a chance to be featured on Friday Show & Tell AND win fabulous prizes, including an exclusive Writers Li.P.P. t-shirt. Send your entry to writerslipp@gmail.com. May the best costume win!

0 comments: